ASLAP membership is open to ALL veterinarians, veterinary residents, and veterinary students providing them with
- An outstanding quarterly newsletter (Laboratory Animal Practitioner) containing, abstracts, government and legislative news, news from AVMA, salary survey, job openings and training opportunities
- Access to the members only section of the website containing the ASLAP constitution, an electronic membership database, job postings, committee reports, and ASLAP programs
To join, simply complete the membership form (regular, resident or student) below, print it and follow the instructions on the form. To request an institutional membership form, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to receiving your application.
ASLAP is a recognized affiliate organization within the AVMA House of Delegates.
- Only organization that directly represents laboratory animal practitioners within the AVMA.
- AVMA turns to ASLAP for guidance when addressing animal welfare challenges.
- You do NOT need to be a member of the American College of Laboratory Animal Medicine (ACLAM) to join ASLAP!
ASLAP is committed to providing ongoing continuing education at both the AALAS and AVMA annual meeting. ASLAP works with ACLAM to deliver informative sessions to the research community, and every other year ASLAP conducts an continuing education seminar at the National AALAS meeting.
ASLAP allows you to get involved in organized veterinary medicine through the opportunity to participate on one of our diverse committees.
- An opportunity to enhance your career and curriculum vitae.
- An opportunity to make a difference in the field of laboratory animal medicine.
- An opportunity to network with colleagues.
Each member of ASLAP enhances our field by bringing our community together through expertise, knowledge, and motivation.
- ASLAP membership identifies you as part of a group of professionals committed to upholding the highest levels of care available for animals.
- ASLAP allows you the opportunity to advance the field of laboratory animal practice.
Membership in this organization is open to any veterinarian who is engaged in or interested in promoting and supporting laboratory animal practice.
Student membership is open to any student currently enrolled at a veterinary school or college accredited by the American or Canadian Veterinary Medical Association.
Resident Membership is open to any resident of an institution. Membership requires the Program Director's signature.
Institutional Membership is applicable to institutions that employ multiple veterinarians. The institutional membership offers discounted rates both for regulate memberships and for residents / trainees.
Membership may be obtained by submitting an application to the ASLAP office along with payment of dues. Applications must be endorsed by one ASLAP member in good standing.
Business meetings are held at the annual AVMA and AALAS meetings. Annual dues are set by the Board of Directors and are payable on or before March 31 of the current membership year without penalty.