Aquatics: The Ultimate Wet Lab for Veterinarians
ASLAP Seminar Aquatics: The Ultimate Wet Lab for Veterinarians was held held at the Institute of Marine & Environmental Technology (IMET) Center on Saturday October 26th from 12:30-5:30 pm.
- Research Applications: The Scope and Uses of Aquatic Models in Research Applications by Renate Reimschuessel, VMD, PhD - FDA Center for Veterinary Medicine.
- General Overview of Research Considerations and Guide Topics Relative to Aquatic Species by Brent Whitaker, MS, DVM - National Aquarium
- Biosecurity and Environmental Management in Closed Containment Water Recirculation Aquaculture Facilities by Christopher Good, DVM, PhD - Freshwater Institute
- Pain Perception in Fish and Other Welfare Considerations by Stephen A. Smith, DVM, PhD – Virginia-Maryland Regional College of Veterinary Medicine
- The Science of Learning and Implications for Training and Enrichment in Captive Fish Management by Leigh Clayton, DVM, DABVP - National Aquarium
- Panel Discussion on IACUC and Humane Issues and Challenges Related to the Use of Aquatics in Research by IACUC Representatives from Various Large Aquatic Programs